Pros And Cons Of Outsourcing An SEO Expert Consulting Business
SEO Outsourcing refers to hiring a freelancer or an independent or third-party agency or company to provide services, primarily website SEO optimization. Search engine optimization or SEO involves strategies geared towards improving a website’s ranking in search results.
Outsourcing SEO services may include off-page optimization via social media, guests posts, and link building, or on-page optimization through keywords, blog, and metadata. But, what are the benefits of outsourcing SEO services?
Here are the pros and cons of outsourcing an SEO expert consulting business:
Outsourcing is a cost-effective way to achieve your SEO goals without doing a complex task so you can focus on the most critical aspects of your business. It’s when opportunity costs come to play, which is an economic term, showing how much it costs to relinquish business opportunities.
Unless you have a strong in-house team to handle your SEO campaigns, it’s best to outsource and measure what’s more profitable for your business. It’s a good idea to visit the website of a trusted and reputable outsourced SEO company to check pricing.
2. Advanced SEO Technical Know-How
SEO is a complex and fast-paced digital marketing strategy requiring continuous learning, training, and research, which can be very expensive for a company SEO in-house team. That’s why outsourcing is still a better option than in-house. It’s not only because outsourcing SEO is more cost-effective to you as a website owner, but your business will also benefit from the expertise of highly knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced SEO professionals. You have to choose wisely.
Here are the critical questions when choosing an outsourced SEO company:
- How do you measure your SEO campaign’s success? Partner with an SEO company focusing on leads and sales and optimizing your eCommerce business by increasing these metrics.
- How do you identify the right keywords for better ranking? Choose a company that utilizes a detailed and clearly explained search term analysis. It’s a plus point for an SEO company that mentions about split testing, which determines the phrases that will obtain the best result.
- How does your SEO agency generate quality backlinks? Links can directly affect your search ranking, so you still need a decent number of backlinks from trusted and high-authority sources to rank. Choose an SEO company that knows how to obtain quality links by asking examples of link sources they used in their campaigns.
3. Experienced SEO Specialist
You can take advantage of the training and experience of professional SEO experts from a trusted and reputable SEO consulting company. An experienced SEO specialist can handle the complex task of website optimization daily.
Here are some tips when choosing an experienced SEO specialist:
- Ask an SEO company how they track the algorithms of search engines and the strategies they use to adapt to the latest SEO trends.
- Ask proof of SEO training and certification. Determine how an SEO expert continually improves knowledge to increase efficiency.
- Get an explanation about the White Hat SEO strategies that the SEO company implements and what they think of Black Hat SEO. You want to ensure all SEO strategies applied to comply with Google guidelines to avoid getting penalized because of spammy links, stuffing keywords, and other SEO dirty tricks.
4. Peace of Mind
Once you’ve chosen a good SEO company, you can sit back and relax in your free time. Remember that SEO isn’t something you can do whenever you have time, because it requires constant monitoring. If you’re a newbie to SEO, trial and error pose a big risk to your business and can render your website and your business a big failure.
Here are the possible effects of handling SEO on your own:
- Invisible website due to poor ranking. Your website should be seen on the first page or first three pages of search results.
- Poor web traffic due to low-quality links and dull web content. An outsourced SEO expert can help update current, high-quality, and engaging web content for your SEO.
- A few leads and zero conversions. Outsourcing your SEO services means you have an eye to your metrics 24/7 because a good SEO company constantly monitors your leads, conversion rate, and ranking.
- No sales. It means your money and efforts are wasted.
1. Not Getting the Promised Results
Sometimes, outsourcing SEO may provide you undesirable results in terms of attaining the metrics that were initially promised. Some SEO companies focus on the task they’re paid for and disregard the actual stats. Even if you obtain the promised SEO services, you might not find positive effects on your rankings to provide you the boost you need.
Check the following tips to prevent getting unsatisfactory SEO results:
- Commit to a full SEO service. Avoid partial service, like link-building alone or SEO social media marketing, because you won’t benefit from the maximum benefit of outsourcing your SEO.
- Ask the SEO expert consultant about the expected time frame of achieving the results you want for your website as far as search engine ranking is concerned.
- Hire a trusted, reputable, and reliable SEO company.
2. SEO Expert Industry Incompatibility
While you want to hire an SEO expert who has in-depth knowledge about your niche or the industry you’re in, hiring an SEO company that’s not aligned with your niche isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Sometimes, linking your site to the similar industry or field your business belongs to won’t provide you a direct positive result in your search engine ranking. It’s because you’re foreseen as a competitor. Even if you pay a website owner, they won’t link to your site because doing so will make you rank better than them.
Every marketing strategy has pros and cons, and so does SEO. That’s why you have to weigh the benefits and drawbacks so you can make a good decision. But still, outsourcing an SEO expert consulting business can help you attain your goals for your business for long-term success. SEO agencies and freelancers have helped many businesses, from startup and small businesses to companies and corporations.