Truecaller, a popular caller identification app has launched a new feature on its app for Android smartphones called Truecaller Backup, a new feature that enables users to backup and restore their contacts, call history, block list, and settings back to their phone.
This makes it easy for you to retain and keep your contacts when buying a new phone, doing a factory reset or even getting a new sim card, with true caller back up you get to keep all your contacts, call logs and your block list.
Feature of Truecaller backup/what it does
- Backs up your contacts
- Backs up your Call log and search history
- Helps backs up app settings
- Backs up your Blocklist
How to use the true caller backup
- Get started by first downloading the app that for those who do not have the app pre-installed on their phone.
- Launch the true caller app
- Enable the true caller backup features withing the true caller app settings
- Select Google account to store the backup
- Grant Truecaller access to Google Drive
- The Truecaller app which then creates a private folder on your Google Drive account to store backed up files.
How to restore the previously backed up files
Assuming you just got a new phone, you start by;
- Signing in your google account with which you have backed up your files into your new phone
- Reinstall the true caller app on your device and activate it or sign in
- Then you will be prompted to restore your files, then you carefully and patiently wait for the restore to finish and restart Truecaller
- And you are good to go